I turned 24 today. It was the quietest birthday so far. It was slower than the 21st, which then seemed like the slowest it could get. I kept the tradition of crying in the 48-hour window before the birthday gets over. But it was birthday at home after three years, so I am not complaining.
This post, for a change, is not about what I did on my birthday. It is about the 25 things I want to do in the next one year. Let’s begin!
1. Of course, get that job!
2. Get the knee fixed
3. Visit the Taj Mahal
4. Make one long trip to the Himalayas
5. Make another long trip to Rajasthan in the winters
6. Buy a car
7. Help Mom redo the house
8. Pick up a new hobby
9. Learn a new language, Spanish maybe
10. Catch one of Ustad Zakir Hussain’s concerts
11. Find an occasion to wear that black dress
12. Burn up the past for good
13. Clear my debt
14. Actively participate in at least one initiative of Blank Noise’s
15. Invest in silk, silver, and a lot of white! 😀
16. Try quitting consumption of bread
17. Try about three different hairdos
18. Make the line clearer
19. Get a hot new frame for my spectacles too
20. Barring that dress, get rid of all black coloured things in my life
21. Cut down on unnecessary loyalties
22. Spend less time online
23. Start reading again
24. Take dance classes
25. Let it be.
This isn’t very me. I do not generally like talking about the future like this. But I thought if there’s so much that has been different this time, why not an uncharacteristic post! 🙂