My 25 things-to-do list from last birthday…
1. Of course, get that job! – Check! I think I am in the right place.
2. Get the knee fixed – Check! We’re almost fixed.
3. Visit the Taj Mahal – Check!
4. Make one long trip to the Himalayas – Check! It was brilliant!!
5. Make another long trip to Rajasthan in the winters – Still on the list. Maybe this year.
6. Buy a car – Changed my mind.
7. Help Mom redo the house – She doesn’t listen!
8. Pick up a new hobby – Err… no new hobby.
9. Learn a new language, Spanish maybe – I took exactly four lessons.
10. Catch one of Ustad Zakir Hussain’s concerts – Check! It was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!
11. Find an occasion to wear that black dress – It’s still in the cupboard.
12. Burn up the past for good – Well, cannot claim to have burnt it. But I have locked it up.
13. Clear my debt – Check!
14. Actively participate in at least one initiative of Blank Noise’s – Unfortunately didn’t.
15. Invest in silk, silver, and a lot of white! 😀 – White count of my cupboard has reached an embarrassing number. 😀
16. Try quitting consumption of bread – I quit for a short period, and now just consume lesser than I did last year.
17. Try about three different hairdos – Done, of course.
18. Make the line clearer – It is clearer than it ever was.
19. Get a hot new frame for my spectacles too – I do think the current ones are hot.
20. Barring that dress, get rid of all black coloured things in my life – I’m almost there.
21. Cut down on unnecessary loyalties – Taken care of.
22. Spend less time online – Work does ensure that I spend less time online.
23. Start reading again – Err… I blame the two books that I tried restarting with.
24. Take dance classes – I think I will do it this year.
25. Let it be. – Letting it be.
That is a good score. Thank you, life. You have been kind.